GMWEA presents an annual calendar of activities and events designed to improve the skills of water quality professionals, help educate the general public, communicate with the Vermont legislature, and build community among water, wastewater, and stormwater operators.
Click on any of the event titles to learn more, or return to the pull-down menu to go to the event's page
- Spring Meeting & Trainings: Presented in May, this annual event features nine technical training sessions, exhibits by corporate members, prominent keynote speakers, a delicious lunch, awards for distinguished service by water quality professionals, GMWEA board elections, and prize raffles.
- Legislative Meet & Greet: Held in mid-January, this annual event brings GMWEA board directors and representatives of other water quality organizations to the Statehouse cafeteria. Its goal is to meet informally with Vermont state legislators, provide them with water quality technical information, and exchange perspectives on priorities for the new legislative session. GMWEA members are invited to attend, say hello to their representatives and senators, and help make sure water quality issues stay front and center on the session's agenda.
- Water Quality Day: Initiated by GMWEA in 2014, this statewide event has been proclaimed by the governor as a day to honor the important role of the people who give us clean water to drink and protect the state's waters from waste pollutants. GMWEA coordinates public and school visits to facilities throughout the state to increase public awareness of the miraculous infrastructure beneath their feet and the real people who make it work.
- George Dow Memorial Golf Tournament: A highly popular annual event, the tournament is an opportunity for operators, family, friends, and water technology service representatives to have fun, network, and win prizes.
- Fall Trade Show: The largest of GMWEA's conferences, this event features technical trainings, over 200 water technology and services exhibitors, guest speakers, lunch, and member action on organizational activities.
- Vermont Poo & Brew/No Water, No Brew: Co-hosted by GMWEA and NEWEA, this event brings together young operators from throughout the state to tour other municipalities' wastewater/stormwater/water facilities -- and to enjoy dinner and a sampling of beers produced by local artisinal breweries. Initiated by NEWEA in Massachusetts in 2015 and hugely popular, GMWEA presented Vermont's first Poo & Brew in 2016 to allow operators to network and share their experiences and know-how. The No Water, No Brew event of 2017 brought operators to Champlain Water District's plant for a glimpse of the drinking water side of the field, followed by a tour of Switchback Brewing Company's brewery.
89 Main St., Suite 4, Montpelier, VT 05602