Each year, GMWEA honors operators, facilities, organizations, and companies that have demonstrated exceptional service to Vermont's water quality industry.
- Michael J. Garofano Water Operator of the Year Award for outstanding performance in system maintenance, protecting public health, and achievement beyond normal responsibilities.
- Operator Excellence – Wastewater for outstanding performance in system maintenance, protecting public health, and achievement beyond normal responsibilities.
- Facility Excellence – Water for outstanding Facilities exceeding system operation requirements. Recognition is for the entire Facility and staff.
- Facility Excellence – Wastewater for outstanding Facilities exceeding system operation requirements. Recognition is for the entire Facility and staff.
- Andrew D. Fish Laboratory Excellence for outstanding activity in laboratory performance at work, community service, education, committee participation, or other outstanding contribution.
- Outstanding Industrial – Operator for a significant accomplishment in operation, problem solving, crisis management, training, or understanding of industrial wastewater issues.
- Outstanding Industrial – Facility for demonstrated commitment to clean water and pollution prevention, including implementation of water or wastewater treatment changes to address problems common to similar industries.
- Bob Wood Young Professionals Award for achievements of a young professional operator, engineer, or academic student who have achieved noticeable contributions to the water environment, water or wastewater operations, and /or to GMWEA. (Nominee must be 30 or under).
- Stormwater Award (Individual or Organization) for outstanding performance in stormwater management and/or education, and has made a significant contribution to the stormwater field.
- Efficiency Vermont Energy Award: Recognizes the achievements of municipalities or organizations with demonstrated progress toward a downward trend in the amount of energy (electricity, gas, oil, or other) used per unit of water treated.
Click here to view complete awards history.
New England Water Environment Association Awards (presented at GMWEA's Spring Meeting)
- Alfred E. Peloquin Award for high level of interest, ability and performance in wastewater operations (nominate an individual)*
- Operator of the Year Award for contributions to excellence in wastewater facility and system operations (nominate an individual)*
89 Main St., Suite 4, Montpelier, VT 05602